Make a Difference - Volunteer
Each person who would like to volunteer will need to fill out a volunteer application and attend a volunteer orientation. Individuals who are 16 to 17 years old will need a release form filled out by a parent. Children who are 15 and younger will need a volunteer form and release filled out as well as being accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times. Parent/Guardians must also fill out a volunteer application.
There are many areas and ways in which you can help the shelter and its animals!
Volunteers are needed to help in the following areas :
* Maintenance Magicians ~ assist with landscaping chores such as lawn mowing and other tasks. During winter months snow-blowing and shoveling assistance.
* Event Emissary ~ help with fundraisers and events happening throughout the year.
* Experienced animal groomers willing to donate their time (proof of experience required)
* Experienced animal trainers willing to donate their services (proof of experience required)
* Occasionally, HSBC also seeks experienced dog and cat lovers to foster animals in their homes when the need arises. Fostering is issued on an as needed basis and could involve working with animals who may need extra TLC to find a loving forever home, may require special attention or when shelter capacities require additional placement. If you are interested in fostering please check our website and Facebook page for fostering announcements. All potential foster home applicants will need to fill out a foster application.
Interested in Volunteering?
Please fill out the contact form below, indicate which areas of volunteering you are interested in and our Volunteer Coordinator will get back to you!
The Humane Society of Burnett County, Inc.'s mission is to provide a safe haven for stray or unwanted animals, to foster the human-animal bond, to promote responsible pet ownership and to end pet overpopulation through spay/neuter.
Address: 7347 Midtown Rd, Siren WI