Are you ready?
Below are just a few questions to consider before adopting:
- Do you have time for a pet? Pets need attention just like a job or a family.
- Do you have time everyday to tend to your pet's needs?
- Have you done research about the pet?
- Know what to expect before you bring a pet home (Grooming needs, energy levels, behaviors).
- Are you financially stable for a pet?
Toys, food, grooming and vet bills really add up.
- Are you ready to commit to the pet for the remainder of his life?
- Expect a dog to live 10-15 years and a cat 15-20 years.
Thank you for considering adopting from the Humane Society of Burnett County, Inc. Background checks and vet checks (when applicable) will be completed on all applicants. Below are some guidelines that HSBC requires in order to adopt from us.
- Be 18+ years of age
- Have approval from everyone in household
- Provide proof of home ownership (if asked) or landlord information
- Have current pets spayed/neutered and vaccinated
- Be adopting for themselves and not for a second party
- Understand HSBC has a right to deny your application
The Humane Society of Burnett County, Inc.'s mission is to provide a safe haven for stray or unwanted animals, to foster the human-animal bond, to promote responsible pet ownership and to end pet overpopulation through spay/neuter.
Address: 7347 Midtown Rd, Siren WI