Before you adopt ...
There are plenty of things we ask you to consider first, for one simple reason – we want to find permanent and loving homes for the animals we receive. Please seriously consider the following:
- How many hours will you be home each day to spend with your pet?
- Where will your pet be when you are not at home?
- Do you have the time and energy to exercise/train your pet daily?
- What level of energy are you willing to work & live with from your pet?
- Will you be able to afford ongoing vet care, training classes, food, etc.?
- Are you ready to commit to keeping the animal for the rest of their life?
- Expect a dog to live 10-15 years and a cat 15-20 years.
- Be a minimum of 18 years of age with verifiable identification
- Have approval from everyone in household
- Provide proof of home ownership (if asked) or landlord information
- All currently owned pets must be spayed/neutered and up-to-date on vaccinations
- Be adopting for themselves and not for a second party
- Understand HSBC has a right to deny your application
- Agree to all terms of the adoption contract.
General background checks and vet checks (when applicable) will be completed on all applicants.
***HSBC does NOT condone declawing of our cats. Every adopter is required to sign an ‘no-declaw’ agreement that is legally binding upon adoption of a cat. However, HSBC does rescue and adopt out cats who have already been declawed. For more information about declawing please visit: https://www.humanesociety.org/resources/declawing-cats-far-worse-manicure
The Humane Society of Burnett County, Inc.'s mission is to provide a safe haven for stray or unwanted animals, to foster the human-animal bond, to promote responsible pet ownership and to end pet overpopulation through spay/neuter.
Address: 7410 County Road D (corner of SR 35), Webster, WI 54893
Mailing: PO Box 621, Webster, WI 54893
Phone: 1-715-349-2368 (ADOPT)
License # 267335-DS