Thank you for your interest in adopting a dog from the Humane Society of Burnett County, Inc. All interested adopters must fill out a pre-adoption application. It's okay if you aren't sure which dog you would like to adopt. Once the pre-adoption application has been approved, you will be contacted to schedule a time for a meet and greet and potentially, to take your new dog home. If there are other dogs in the household, we require a meet and greet with them.
We do not guarantee same day adoptions, but if traveling a distance, arrangements may be made to complete your adoption in one trip.
Dog adoption fees include:
- Spay/Neuter. If a puppy is not old enough at the time of adoption, a voucher will be provided for a participating vet.
- Rabies vaccination. If the puppy is not old enough at the time of the adoption, a voucher will be provided for a participating vet.
- Distemper vaccination(s)-age appropriate
- Worming medication and fecal exam
- Heartworm test on dogs 2+ years of age
- Flea and tick prevention (seasonal)
- Microchipping, including registration. This also includes a 30 day trial of pet insurance (restrictions apply).
- Certificate of Veterinary Inspection
Dog Adoption Fees
Puppies (2-5 months) - $325
Dogs (6 months-8 years) - $250
Seniors (over 8 years) - $175
The Humane Society of Burnett County, Inc.'s mission is to provide a safe haven for stray or unwanted animals, to foster the human-animal bond, to promote responsible pet ownership and to end pet overpopulation through spay/neuter.
Address: 7410 County Road D (corner of SR 35), Webster, WI 54893
Mailing: PO Box 621, Webster, WI 54893
Phone: 1-715-349-2368 (ADOPT)
License # 481546-DS