Thank you for your interest in adopting a dog from the Humane Society of Burnett County, Inc. All interested adopters must fill out a pre-adoption application for the dog they are interested in. Once the pre-adoption application has been approved, you will be contacted to schedule a time to complete the adoption and take your new dog home.
We do not do same day adoptions, but if traveling a distance, arrangements may be made to complete your adoption in one trip. We STRONGLY recommend a meet and greet with other dogs in the household.
Dog adoption fees are $225.
The adoption fee includes:
- Rabies vaccination. If the puppy is not old enough at the time of the adoption, a voucher will be provided for a participating vet.
- Distemper vaccination(s)-age appropriate
- Worming medication and fecal exam
- Heartworm test on dogs 2+ years of age
- Flea and tick prevention (seasonal)
- Microchipping, including registration. This also includes a 30 day trial of pet insurance (restrictions apply).
- Certificate of Veterinary Inspection
**Due to high volume of applications we receive for puppies, we may require a $10.00 nonrefundable pre-adoption application fee for puppies 4 months (16 weeks) of age or younger. If application is approved this fee will be applied towards the adoption cost at the time of adoption.
Dog Adoption Fee: $225
The Humane Society of Burnett County, Inc.'s mission is to provide a safe haven for stray or unwanted animals, to foster the human-animal bond, to promote responsible pet ownership and to end pet overpopulation through spay/neuter.
Address: 7347 Midtown Rd, Siren WI